We had a Valentine baby! My water broke at 1:10am on 2/14 and I delivered him at 6:03pm that night … almost 17 hours later. 4 ½ weeks early! I guess he was ready to make his entrance. We’re beyond exhausted. I’ve had a little more than 8 hours of sleep total in 3 nights and Trip has hung right in there with me…. BUT we’re thrilled and completely in love with our little man. He weighted 5 lbs 5 oz and he was 18 1/4 inches long at birth… 4 lbs and 14 oz when we checked out. All of his 0-3 month clothes swallow him whole but we have a few newborn/preemie onesies to use for now and he loves being swaddled. We’re very blessed that he is doing great and we were able to keep him with us in our room the entire time. They let us come home yesterday evening and we’re trying to get things in order here at home. Since he was over a month early… we weren’t quite ready for him. Luckily my Mama is staying with us for a few days and she is more help to me than I could have even imagined.
We can’t wait to show him off to everyone but our pediatrician says that he really doesn’t want us to expose him to anyone new until this flu season gets past us. He said the flu is very dangerous for a newborn anyway but would be especially unsafe for a preemie.
I never knew that my heart could hold this much love! It was the best Valentine’s Day present ever!!
 |
| Hello World! |
 |
| I love you too Daddy... |
 |
Thanks for keeping me safe and warm for all those months...
|
 |
| And then there were three... |
 |
| Wow there is a lot to see out here! |
 |
| Daddy's Boy! |
 |
| Mama says that I'm the best Valentine's Day present ever. |
 |
| My "going home" bear suit is just a tiny bit big. |
 |
| I could get used to this! |
No comments:
Post a Comment