Sunday, August 16, 2009

18 Months Old - Favorite Foods and the Water Hose

Our little boy is growing up! He's already 18 months old. It has been the greatest year and half of our lives and we can't wait to share many more experiences with our little man.

Happy 18 Month Birthday to Me!

I think we should hike this trail today...


Jake is still enjoying his new car. We even bring it in the house sometimes because he just loves to sit in it and "practice" driving.

Where should we drive to today?


Jake has learned to use the water hose and it has provided a great deal of fun for him and an immense amount of entertainment for his Daddy and I. If we had only had the video camera ready yesterday ... we would have been able to show you how he turned the hose on me. He squirted me in the chest and the face before I could scurry out of the way and we all got a good laugh out of it.

MMMM... cold water....

This is great! Now I can fill up my pool whenever I want to use it and I won't have to wait on Mama & Daddy to do it for me.

Mama... you can come back now... I've finished washing out your chair for you.


Fun with the water hose...


Each morning when Jake finishes his own breakfast he likes to "help" Daddy finish his bowl of cereal. It usually results in a little bit of a mess since he's still learning how to keep his spoon flat with liquids but we figure that he has to learn so we just let him keep trying.

Look Daddy... your cereal bowl makes a great hat!

Mama says this is a bad habit but it's so much fun!

I love to help unload the dishwasher!


Jake has somewhat unusual tastes for a toddler. He likes for his food to have some serious flavor. We've discovered that he especially loves Mexican food and olives and he also enjoys a good homegrown tomato sandwich.

Guacamole is one of my favorite things to eat!

Mama... look... the olive is stuck on my finger.
Daddy... I just picked this tomato. Can you please make me a sandwich?

No comments: