Getting the Christmas tree up this year was quite the adventure. When we moved into this rental house I didn't think that we would be here at Christmas. I guess I was overly optimistic about how quickly we would get our house on the market in Asheville and how quickly it would sell. That being the case... I didn't stage the Christmas decorations in our storage room so I had to turn it upside down and stand on my head trying to find them after Thanksgiving. Jake "helped" me dig everything out and then he "helped" me put the ornaments on the tree. He has redecorated the bottom half of the tree several times too. Luckily only two ornaments have been causalities of his redecorating.
Jake is quite the little helper and he has even been shoveling snow with his Daddy. I have to get some pictures to share at some point or maybe a video would be even better because it is adorable. We've already had almost two feet of snow this year and it isn't even officially winter yet so there has been plenty of snow to shovel and when Jake comes back inside from helping his Daddy shovel he'll say ... "Mama... we did some real hard work out there!".
We've enjoyed a few holiday activities already including Jake's daycare party. It was fun to get to know the other families better and to watch the kids give a little Christmas program. Jake had so much fun that he keeps asking if we can go to another party. Last night we did some Christmas shopping and drove Jake through a really pretty Christmas light display at on of the nice resorts up here and he loved it. This morning we went to the Christmas parade downtown before doing some more Christmas shopping and tomorrow we're finishing up our shopping then going to see Santa. I'm hoping that we'll be able to get a good Santa photo but we'll have to wait and see. He's very excited but he's a little leery of new people right now so it could go either way. I have to add that I'm blessed to have Trip as a husband because he's been a trooper tagging along for the shopping and wrangling Jake to keep him out of trouble while I checked things off our list. I sometimes see Mom's out trying to shop with their kids in tow and I have no idea how they do it which is just another reason that I'm thankful for my husband.
Jake's Grandma is coming later this week along with his Uncle Paul and his family and we're all looking forward to seeing them but Jake is especially excited that his Grandma is coming. In fact... we have a countdown going as you'll see in one of the videos below.
I have to share one more thing and then I'll be back sometime following Christmas for my next update. Today I said ... "I love you Jake" and he said... "I love you Mama... I love you always and always". He is truly a gift and having my own child has made me even further understand the sacrifice that our Lord made for us. On Christmas and every day I'll be thinking about how he gave his only son for us and I'll be thanking him for that amazing gift as well as the one he gave Trip and I almost 3 years ago.
I hope you and your families have a very Merry Christmas!
This Christmas parade is really cool Daddy!
Grandma is coming...
Happy 34-Month B-Day to Me!
These are my buddies and my teacher from school...
Mama... I think this one will look good right here...
Here's a preview of part of our Christmas card...
I'm dreaming of a white Christmas....
I'm painting Mama!
No comments:
Post a Comment