We had a Father's Day brunch at Mamaw & Papaw's house (and I must say that I have a really wonderful Daddy too) and then we went for a nice hike in the afternoon after a little relaxing in front of the TV (watching the US Open coverage).
It was a really good day Daddy!
Three Daddy's and their babies. I'm the short one.
Jake spent Saturday at Mamaw & Papaw's house too. Trip and I needed a day to do some work around the house and Mamaw & Papaw were very happy to babysit. On the way back to pick him up we saw a turtle in the middle of the road and stopped to save it. Trip decided we should take it with us and show it to Jake because it's one of the words he can say and read. Well... Trip was right... it was a great idea because Jake LOVED that turtle! He cried and cried when we set it free.
What do you mean I can't keep it!?!?

Jake is continuing to enjoy his sand & water table and has even had some of the neighborhood kids playing in it with him. He also decided last night that it was officially time to taste the sand so he got himself a big ol' shovel full and then made the funniest face. He also loves Trip's ipod and he'll ask for it then carry it around saying "music, music". Occasionally, he will lift one of the ear buds up to his ear and listen for a little while.
Jake is continuing to enjoy his sand & water table and has even had some of the neighborhood kids playing in it with him. He also decided last night that it was officially time to taste the sand so he got himself a big ol' shovel full and then made the funniest face. He also loves Trip's ipod and he'll ask for it then carry it around saying "music, music". Occasionally, he will lift one of the ear buds up to his ear and listen for a little while.
take the car for a spin...
Our cat, Circles, is 17 years old and we were concerned about how he would adjust to having Jake in the house but he has been wonderful and Jake adores him. You may remember the video we shared where Jake was chasing Circles around the house... well he does that pretty much every day and Circles just hangs right in there and never gets upset. We've been teaching Jake that he needs to leave Circles alone when he's eating and he is really doing better about just standing beside him while he eats instead of trying to pet him.
Mama... I'm not touching him but I'm ready as soon
In my last post, I mentioned that Jake had a few kitchen cabinets that he can explore... well... let's just say that we're thinking about adding a lock to one of the cabinets now.
This is so fun! Why didn't I do this sooner?
Jake and I were watching Trip wash his state car last night and Jake started "jumping" which was so adorable we had to get a short video to share... enjoy...
Jump... jump... jump...
More to come next week. Grandma and Grandpa are coming for a visit and we're also attending a wedding so I'm hoping to get some good pictures to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment